Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 04:25:42 PM

Author Topic: Jog Not Working on Mach3 software, Circles Job Display too  (Read 1185 times)

Jog Not Working on Mach3 software, Circles Job Display too
« on: April 07, 2023, 04:19:29 PM »
Hello Everyone, I've been using Mach3 on my CNC 6040 for 7+ years now, not a single problem came until this morning, I actually ran a cut 2 times last night with no problems, i left a new sheet on the CNC ready to run the same program/cut this morning, when i opened the GCode on Mach 3 the Job Display Screen appeared with lots of circles (see image).

Then i tried to move the machine pressing the keyboard arrows and there was no movement, not even X,Y and Z movements on the Mach3, it stayed in the initial position both physically and in Mach3.

I tried with the TAB Button Jog and the same results.

The emergency button is not pressed, the Reset button in Mach3 is not activated either, the Jog ON/OFF button is on green.

If I press the Goto Z button it stays there in those coordinates (see pictures), which BTW are the coordinates it now boots Mach3 with, it usually is  0,0,0.

I closed the File and try to move with No File Loaded and same result (last image).

Not sure what the issue is, and i would like to check if someone has ran into this problem before i uninstall and reinstall the software.

Is my subscription expired probably?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: Jog Not Working on Mach3 software, Circles Job Display too
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 05:17:24 AM »
Check your Mach3/xmlbackups directory for last backup of your_profile.xb... (the highest number is last backup), rename it to your_profile.xml and copy it to Mach3 directory.
Sometimes the .xml file gets corrupted.

I have a copy of whole Mach3 directory with all subdirectories on a thumbdrive just in case if any of the files get corrupted to copy it to the hard drive.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.