Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:37:58 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 fails to reopen  (Read 906 times)

Mach3 fails to reopen
« on: March 28, 2023, 04:19:58 PM »
Hello, I am trying to download and use Mach3 on my personal computer (windows 10) while waiting for a windows 7 computer to become available. I am not even sure if I will be able to use that computer which is why I am trying my personal.

I have followed the instructions found in Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf up till the reboot. The program downloads and I restart my computer following the instructions. But once I open Mach3, using Mach3 Loader, and close it, it does not want to open back up. Every time I search I only find links to actual crashing or blue screening, but my issue is just reopening the application.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Re: Mach3 fails to reopen
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 06:01:16 PM »
Hi,
are you trying to use a parallel port?

If so then Windows 10 is no good, you need 32 bit Windows7 or earlier.

There is a thread on this board also about Windows updates screwing Mach3 up, there was a patch made.

Otherwise ditch Mach3 and get Mach4, it better in every regard.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 06:10:10 PM »
I am not using a parallel port. I did see about the windows update and the solution was to redownload from this website, but I just recently picked that same download so it should be up to date.

I'm working on getting the computer reset to windows 7 if windows 10 is still the problem.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 06:23:34 PM »
Hi,
if you have not already paid for a Mach3 license then I wouldn't bother, just go to Mach4.

Mach4 does in a practical sense require an external motion controller, I have used an Ethernet SmoothStepper with success for eight years.

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=42891.msg278176#msg278176

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'