Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:25:45 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 homing setup with dual motor gantry (looking to home each side)  (Read 864 times)

Hello all, I've read and read and read and felt like I knew enough to get this working but just can't figure it out.

I purchased an old multicam router and the owner swapped out the OEM electronics so it's now running Mach3. It's an older version of Mach3 I'm sure since it's still in the previous owners name and never connected to wifi. Still pretty new to CNC and I didn't know enough to realize it wasn't homing each side of the gantry to square it up until I recently cut a box that was out of square. So I've made new brackets that have bolts that can be adjusted in and out as reference points for the proximity switches on each side of the gantry.

Gantry is setup as X axis. X motor and M1 sensor (if I remember correctly it's M1) are the right side of the gantry, Motor A is setup as slave to X and uses M4 sensor. Both sensors are showing as functioning in Mach3 but I can't get the gantry to use both sensors for homing. Regardless of the settings it is only using the M1 sensor to reference the entire gantry. The A side M4 sensor should actually trip first since the gantry is slightly out of square and the sensor light shows up in Mach3 but whatever I do it won't use it.

I made sure that "home slave with master axis" is unchecked. I've also tried changing the ref all script to remove the X homing reference and changed to DoButton ( 9 ) which should reference X and A both? When I do this the gantry won't move at all when requested to home reference.

Thanks in advance for the help.