Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:33:25 AM

Author Topic: Runaway Jog Mach 3  (Read 940 times)

Runaway Jog Mach 3
« on: March 23, 2023, 01:03:41 AM »
I am running Mach3 on several machines but it's my E bay router table giving me this problem.   Shift-Jog for fast jogging if you release the shift key prior to the arrow key it just keeps on trucking to crash.  100% repeatable.  I have my jog set to much slower than I would like to give me time to stop the thing if I accidentally release the shift key first which is easy to do when jogging.     I don't know what type of controller this thing uses but it's USB.  A fresh windows XP installation.  My other two machines have a serial port and gecko controllers and do not have this issue.  I have read somewhere this is a known issue but never read what the fix is.

On an unrelated note the same machine loses the setting you were using for jog if it was set at step and goes back to continual jog when closing and reopening mach.  How can I make it stay on step jogging and not default back to continuous.  Just a nuisance but my other two machines with the gecko boards stay put.

Thanks,

John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Runaway Jog Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 01:58:43 AM »
It would help if you could identify the USB controller you are using.
PEACE

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 03:16:04 AM »
maybe a list of your files witch are in the plugin folder can help to identify the controller.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 11:27:58 AM »
I'm sorry my knowledge doesn't include much about hardware.  Here is a couple pictures of the machine I bought off E bay several years ago.  It works fine except for the little glitches described.  Also a picture of the contents of the plugin folder.

Thanks,
John

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 05:38:25 AM »
ok, rnrmotion.dll is a plugin for a chinese (and many clones) usb controller, witch
is known to make trouble. you can try to find a newer version of the plugin and
see if it helps. 
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 01:43:05 PM »
The seller I got this from appears to be no longer active on E bay.  I contacted another seller with a similar machine hoping they would share the file and was told it's part of the software package.   Maybe someone reading this has a similar controller that's newer and is not experiencing issues and could share the rnrmotion.dll file from the plug in folder with me so I could try it and see if it solves my issues?  Other than that I'm not sure how I'm going to find it. 

Thanks,

John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 02:19:11 PM »
Perhaps check the version of the rnrmotion.dll that you are using - if it is 1:2052 then, if I am not mistaken, that is the latest version available.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 02:22:43 PM »
This is what I have:

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 02:41:43 PM »
That is the latest version.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 09:11:39 PM »
Shift-Jog for fast jogging if you release the shift key prior to the arrow key it just keeps on trucking to crash.
I believe this behaviour has been seen before and it was traced to a Windows keyboard handler fault. That is, Windows was not registering the keystroke properly. I dare say you should also check the KB itself.
Whether this applies in your case I do not know.

Cheers
Roger