Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:14:19 PM

Author Topic: Screens BUG  (Read 422 times)

Screens BUG
« on: March 18, 2023, 01:45:50 AM »
Every time I enter the Screens screen to edit the screen, the width of the LHS panel is reset back to some annoying narrow width.

Please save the width of the LHS panel so that the width is persistent !!!
Re: Screens BUG
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 07:19:51 PM »
Hi,
Mach4 is predominantly a CNC software solution, its meant to control a machine. As it turns out NFS have built in a screen editor, and by in large it does pretty well,
for the benefit of users to customise it for their installation, but its not a software development environment. It is not, nor was it ever intended to be a software
development tool,......Mach4 is a machine controller....and that it does extremely well.

The sort of features that you are talking about are commonplace in development programs like MS Studio, not so much in Mach4.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 10:57:28 PM »
Partly agree Craig. However, this is a minor thing to fix and would remove a lot of irritation for those using the Screens editor. It’s simply poorly coded at the moment, and quite easy for the programmers to fix.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 11:21:21 PM »
Hi,
given that Mach4 IS NOT an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) I rather suspect that it is not an easy fix....its not like they have cut down an IDE to make Mach4,
but rather Mach4 has been built from the ground up, which includes the GUI editor.

If you have a complaint about how Mach4 controls a machine, or interprets or worse misinterprets Gcode then that is an entirely different matter, controlling a CNC machine is
Mach4's primary purpose, that the GUI editor is a bit quirky is inconsequential.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'