Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:32:01 PM

Author Topic: Cannot Zero X Axis  (Read 251 times)

Cannot Zero X Axis
« on: March 06, 2023, 03:08:38 PM »
I cannot zero my X Axis.
I'm using a lathe profile as my base profile and I've loaded in the wx6 screenset to make a custom knife grinding machine. 
I cannot get my X Axis to zero.  When I hit the X Zero button or type any number into the dro, it will not stay.  As soon as I start to jog the axis it will jump to some number close to what it was when I zeroed it out.  I've got a home switch on the axis; so when I do press X Zero (which would update my axis offset) it should put in the machine coordinate position as my offset.  It absolutely does not do that.  For example, my machine position reads -17.0 and my work offset is -3.4  That is really not right, even if it is a lathe and it was reading the diameter, it shouldn't be what it is.  I'm lost, and I've got to be able to set my offsets.  The only other time I have had this issue is when I tried to use a feedback glass scale on an OD grinder and I couldn't change my offset.  The same thing is happening here and I don't have any kind of feedback on this machine.
Chad Byrd
Re: Cannot Zero X Axis
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 04:20:47 PM »
So I talked to someone at Vital Systems; he told me to make sure that the Aux Position counts per unit is the same as the motor counts per unit.  He said this is a known issue and is being worked on.  Once I made sure those are the same (even though it isn't enabled) it started working just fine. 
Chad Byrd