Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:48:24 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Startup and Tool Offset Macros  (Read 969 times)

Mach3 Startup and Tool Offset Macros
« on: March 05, 2023, 12:41:03 AM »
Hi all,

Please forgive my ignorance with this post. I have searched around and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for, so I just need some guidance on where to start.

I am familiar with CNCs but not with Mach3. I am looking to accomplish the following startup and job routines using my newly built custom CNC mill. It is a pretty standard routine, but I can’t find any clear documentation for how to support it.

I am sure there is something like this out there and I’m just missing it.

When Mach3 is freshly reset, it should automatically:

- [ ] Go home
- [ ] Move to tool change position for haimer probe to be inserted, then prompt for user to confirm the haimer probe was inserted. Then:

- [ ] Move to tool setter X,Y (button style with air blast, not just a solid piece of metal on plastic)

- [ ] Measure haimer probe position relative to tool setter. Looking for a baseline position for a later tool change based on the delta between haimer length and tool length. Knowing height of tool setter is irrelevant.

Then, I would manually position probe to bore or corner for zeroing on the work

Probe for x,y,z job zeros with haimer probe

Start job on Mach3

- [ ] Mach should prompt for first tool
- [ ] Insert new tool and confirm tool is inserted on mach
- [ ] Move to tool setter
- [ ] Measure length delta between haimer and first tool and adjust tool position accordingly
- [ ] Start cutting

When tool change is prompted in the job, go to specified location and prompt for tool change for tool 2

Repeat tool change procedure as needed until job is finished.

When job is finished, return to home.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 12:43:45 AM by Vertices »
Re: Mach3 Startup and Tool Offset Macros
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 02:08:12 AM »
Sorry, I meant relishaw probe, not haimer probe! Not seeing any edit button for my last post on mobile.