Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:05:11 AM

Author Topic: Stop button error  (Read 3004 times)

Stop button error
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:35:17 PM »
Hey all, MY name is David. I am running Mach3 v 2.58 with a Galil card and mostly having everything work.
Machining a curve profile when I hit the stop button and cycle restart to resume sometimes the program disregards the tool path and goes off on a tangent. I have tried this on another computer just running the program and it does the same thing. Never the first time but often on subsequent times. Does show up as a green line in tool path  generation. any thoughts?
Thanks, David ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Stop button error
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:31:53 PM »
Not really an answer to your problem but you shouldnt use the stop button unless in an emergency, what you are meant to do is use the feedhold. If you use the stop button there is a chance that your axis will lose position as the momemtum of the motor/axis will carry on for a bit after Mach has been halted. How much will depend on many factors such as axis weight etc. When you use Feed Hold Mach controls the stop and your position will be correct.

Try using Feed Hold instead of the stop and see if you still get the problem.

Hood
Re: Stop button error
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »
What Galil card are you using?  I have a machine using a different interface that I'd like to convert to Mach3.

The Galil board is DMC-2143-DC24.  Just trying to figure out what I have to do to get this to work under Mach.