Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 07:40:40 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Pokeys57cnc threading is not starting waiting for trigger  (Read 1891 times)

Hi,
Can you help with the Pokeys57cnc, it's about the spindle index for turning. I use the Mach3 version3.043.066 and Pokeys version:4.5.15a
The speed I have now finally on the Mach3 display and also shows correctly but when threading I always have the signal: "Wait for trigger" active. I guess that is why the thread cycle is not started.
I have already tried some settings but do not get further.
Is this a problem with the Pokeys or Mach3 ?
In the Pokeys plugin, the index with pin 13 (Superfast Encoder) is activated and set. I have checked in the Pokeys Plugin IO window and the signal is passed on so the speed comes on.
In Mach3 is the:
Input Signal Index activated
Spindle sync switched on
Spindle speed averaging => I have tested with and without makes no difference
Initialization string set with G80 F0.05 G18 G95 G21 M3 G61 G90
Did I miss something? Some signal is still missing I think...
Re: Mach3 Pokeys57cnc threading is not starting waiting for trigger
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 05:13:30 AM »
so i also have contact to pokeys-support and they said that, mach3 with threading is not supported only with mach4

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 03:01:04 PM »
I had the exact same problem. I ended up purchasing Mach4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFM7iRSYYQ
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 06:11:24 AM »
Hi Azalin,

How have you setup Mach4 hobby. I have troubles to get the demo version run with the spindle index. I have tried so much but i don't know my mitakes.
I installed Mach4 and now i have no Spindel speed  and the fast encoder input on PIN13 is always off! If I switched the PIN13 on in the next time opening the Mach4-pokys plugin the switch is OFF again. I don't understand that.
I have installed a single photoelectric sensor(CNY 37 LICHTSCHRANKE FLANSCH = TCST 2103)
with a Index disc with only one slot.
The photoelectric sensor got a low pass filter and a Schmitttrigger74H14TI (from Carsten i found here in machsupport)(https://www.reichelt.de/at/de/hex-schmitt-trigger-inverter-2--6-v-dil-14-74hc-14-ti-p290494.html?r=1) to get good signals, this setting worked on Mach3 to see the spindle speed via pokeys PIN13 ultra fast encoder.

But in Mach4 there is no speed and no PIN13 for using this.

So today i contacted Pokeys support again.
Best regards Johannes

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 08:32:49 AM »
Hi,
I can take you some screenshots relevant to indexing and encoder setup. Let me know if you need screenshots of specific places.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 09:12:30 AM »
Yes please it would be helpfull!

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 03:51:33 PM »
Sorry I had to take photos (I didn't have a flash drive with me).

Please not my Controller is a PoKeys 57E on M16 board.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 03:55:19 PM by Azalin »

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 03:53:13 PM »
more

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 03:54:06 PM »
more
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 12:38:57 PM »
Hello,

i solved my index problem by setting the index switch in the INPUT settings very far down under INDEX. i didn't realize that this list of inputs was so long and that there was a separate entry for the index (I am ashamed of it). I'm using the Pin7 Ultrafastencoder on the pokeys board and it seems to work properly.

It may be that my system is unstable because when I turn on the lathe spindle, ie the motor, mach4 crashes without warning.
this has only happened to me on the lathe and only in conjunction with the index switch. On the desktops test with only two steppers i never had a mach4 crash like this. First i have used the cable shield from the Index cable and give it to GND but today i tried this without connecting the shield to GND.

after I have managed that I could also turn threads, however, are defined in the turn cycles only in RADIUS and not on diameter. also in the menu jogging, the paths are moved at the radius and not in diameter. maybe there is a setting for this that unfortunately I have not yet found and I'm thinking about whether I should change to radius.

The spindle speed messurement is not shown on my Mach4, i dont have found the right setting for it.

see also the attachted files for the index ...
Regards Johannes