Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 09:27:23 AM

Author Topic: Problems with pins  (Read 1061 times)

Problems with pins
« on: February 28, 2023, 11:53:53 AM »
I am new to this mach thing, I am giving maintenance to a plasma cutting machine and the program I chose for this is mach3

I am thinking of buying the license because it is necessary for the use of TCH but I still can't because I have problems with the pins

A) When I assign pins 2 to 5 to the outputs of the motors for X and Y axes, it uses other pins that are from 4 to 7 and for more configuration that I see there is nothing to solve that

B) I have done several parallel port tests with a parallel port tester and with a multimeter sending signals seeing if the cable has faults, for a moment I used linux cnc, and it sends the signals exactly as I assign them (but I am not looking for linux )

C) The card that I am using because the previous one was dead is this https://www.hobbytronics.co.za/Content/external/473/Breakout-Board-Manual.pdf , in the same way I did tests with a multimeter and a tester of parallel port to see if it works and is not tricked

What can I do to solve the problem of the pins if I have deduced that it comes from mach3 that sends signals that are not the ones that I configured?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with pins
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 07:46:48 PM »
Remove Mach3 from your computer, download a genuine copy from the newfangled website, reinstall and try again in demo mode.

Do NOT use a licence file from a disk/download that came with a breakout board.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 09:19:43 AM »
From here I have downloaded mach3 https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/mach3-downloads/ but I still deleted it and reinstalled it again

No license came with the breakout board, if it helps, I'm using windows XP Pro and the mach3 driver is without error

Now, what can I do if the error continues?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 10:55:57 AM »
I managed to solve it, it was just an option that came by default in the mach3 configuration