Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:23:20 AM

Author Topic: Keyboard jogging safety  (Read 753 times)

GOOMBA

Re: Keyboard jogging safety
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2023, 09:12:15 AM »
KeyboardInputsToggle()
This is a function in the screen.

You can modify this function to also accept a variable for the state you'd like to set. ORR

Operator > Edit Screen > Click the Edit GCODE tab

Run the function once on enter (assuming your keyboard jogging is enabled always before going into EDIT GCODE.)
Then once again on exit. Essentially toggling it OFF on enter, then back ON upon exit.

Seems like too much logic involved when really. You've enabled keyboard jogging and lost your keyboard... it's a pendant now and nothing else.

I don't like the keyboard plugin for jogging, you should operate a machine tool with a pendant but the convince of a keyboard is unmatched.

Honestly we as a team at NFS should be better at providing end users with an easier "compatibility path" regarding what can and can't be used as a pendant in MACH4.
Many people don't even know where to start looking for a pendant compatible with MACH4 without some scripting or a plugin file. However we're fixing that.
We've helped this I think with the XHC pendant plugin we provide now. So thank Steve for that!, Also we've developed a pendant building utility that I'll make a post on

If anyone has safety concerns and would like their screen modified to meet their specific needs regarding the keyboard jogging OR ANY SAFTEY CONCERN. Message support and someone will help you with the coding aspect of this, we want to help :)
Re: Keyboard jogging safety
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2023, 09:46:26 AM »
Thank you for responding.
My point is that the keyboard jogging only ought to be active in the main screen and that would solve the issue.

Pendant:
I have an old iMach pendant from Mach3 days.  Vista-CNC has a very easy procedure to update the firmware to be compatible with Mach4.
The installation on Mach4 was very smooth and it works fine.
Bertho