Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:03:55 PM

Author Topic: Analog Output via Macro, is that possible?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Vido

•  25 25
    • View Profile
Analog Output via Macro, is that possible?
« on: February 02, 2023, 06:43:30 AM »
Hello

I use MACH3 and want to output an analog signal (0-10V) via a macro, is that possible? With the digital I/O's this works very well, with the analog I/O's I don't know exactly how to proceed. I have 2 analog outputs on my controller (CSMIO/IP-A from CS-Lab.), i.e. these will somehow be able to provide an analog signal.
Do I need an analog input from which I then control the  analog output or do I get the necessary voltage internally from the CSMIO/IP-A with a command?

The analog signals are needed to drive a small e-motor (speed does not have to be exact) and to set a pressure specification for a high-pressure pump (analog voltage 0-10V).

I am grateful for any help!

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Analog Output via Macro, is that possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 04:07:52 AM »
here:
https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/csmio-ip-s-konfiguracja-we_wy-artykul.pdf

is described how to read/write analog signal for CSMIO via macro.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Vido

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 05:40:11 PM »
Hello TPS,
thanks for the reply. I will try this.

Is it also possible to switch variable analog outputs with the command SetModOutput(80,value), so that the user should enter how large the analog voltage should be? If so, then what is the user input for the desired analog voltage, via the MDI?

Best regards,
Vido

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 12:50:53 AM »
4095 -> 10V
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Vido

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 12:34:59 PM »
4095 -> 10V

Yes, i have seen that, but how does the user set the analog voltage? For example: the spindle speed is set by the macro M3 S1000. How does the user set a voltage for example of 2V. I don‘t want to make 10 separate macros in 1V steps, i prefer that the user can desire for example a voltage of 3,46V. That means, that the analog output is variable in one macro! Is that possible?

Thank you.

Offline Vido

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 01:29:57 PM »
4095 -> 10V

Yes, i have seen that, but how does the user set the analog voltage? For example: the spindle speed is set by the macro M3 S1000. How does the user set a voltage for example of 2V. I don‘t want to make 10 separate macros in 1V steps, i prefer that the user can desire for example a voltage of 3,46V. That means, that the analog output is variable in one macro! Is that possible?

Thank you.

I got it!

Thank you anyway.