Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 03:09:30 AM

Author Topic: ATC Macro adjustment for reversed tool forks  (Read 836 times)

Offline JtheB

•  35 35
    • View Profile
Re: ATC Macro adjustment for reversed tool forks
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 09:59:18 PM »
If a cutter is in the spindle it currently crashes into a tool fork as I’ve described. If I take the cutter out and run it it’ll pass over the tool fork (barely) and head back to the front left corner of the machine (x:0 y:0) and then turn back around and head toward the first toolpath cut near the center of the workspace Not sure if that’s normally expected but it’s consistent.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2023, 10:14:45 PM »
Hi,
OK if you are reasonably sure that the code whatever it is and wherever it is adequate to return the machine to the new start point barring the lowering of the Z axis
prior to the <return to zero> thereby causing a tool contact....then by all means add an extra Y movement in the Gcode statements we have already identified.

Code: [Select]
------ Move Z to home position ------
 GCode = ""
 mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, "G00 G90 G53 Z0.0\n
                                 g0 g91 y10\n
                                 g90\n")

As you can see I've added a little extra. The first line remains the same, namely the Z axis moves to the top of travel, but the second line moves the Y axis 10 units
relative to its current X, Y location, that's the meaning of g91, and the last line restores Absolute mode, ie g90.
Note I can'e be sure that you want to move positive 10 units or negative 10 units....you'll have to experiment.....slowly!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline JtheB

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2023, 10:28:29 PM »
I’ll give it a shot first thing in the morning and report back.
Thanks again Craig!

Offline JtheB

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
It worked Craig!

You're a Rockstar!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 10:53:27 PM »
there several steps i think you must add
1.divied the speed go down to clamp into 3 speed ,first from top to tool hight,then go inside 66% of thr tool then final push litle bit the fork
2 very important for safety you didn't check the tool clamp sensor  this is basic safty step(not give up its yours life)
  and for machine safety you didn't check that spindle its already open and can load(many reason can make this fork not open enough)
3.the tool position you arrange inside the script this not good way ,because you must try avoid each time need check to recompile the script ,this can bring mistake
 4. i you will use more tools then the magazine you can have big mass because 2 different tools will get same name
  its much bater give each tool its number and define in external GUI or even in Lua the reference which tool loacte where
  then you need cheack before load that its real exisst
Good Luck

Offline JtheB

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2023, 08:23:30 AM »
Katz,
Thank you for adding these considerations.
The system is currently working but I will fine tune it using your suggestions.

Thank you