Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 07:49:12 AM

Author Topic: Quantity E-Stop Issue  (Read 946 times)

Quantity E-Stop Issue
« on: January 31, 2023, 12:56:18 PM »
I'm using the Mach 3 software paired with Fabmaster on an LDR CNC Tube plasma machine. I'm having an issue with quantities more than 1 on angle iron. Today I created a G-Code program consisting of a quantity of 5. It cut all 5 flawlessly the first time I ran the program. After that, it makes me E-Stop after each part, then set a new line back at the beginning of the next part. (It's stopping at code "G4 P.1" the first part also has the same code but is never an issue. It's just parts 2-5. Any ideas why? It's extremely frustrating to do this for every part when the total quantity needed is 400+.

Thanks.
Re: Quantity E-Stop Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 02:06:19 PM »
Not sure what you mean by "gcode program consisting of a quantity of 5".  Why is there a period in your G4 statement? Could you post your code?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 02:10:34 PM »
So fabmaster nests the files and exports an nc file which consists of G Code. You can set the quantity of parts before you nest it, it then creates however many parts you requested. The code it stops on is "G4 P.1" that's the whole line. Yes there's a period in it, not sure why, but there's the same code in the first part which works. It only asks for an E Stop on parts 2 through 5.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 10:47:33 AM »
Post code?