Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Author Topic: Spindle stops and then immediately starts up again (Mach3)  (Read 1055 times)

Spindle stops and then immediately starts up again (Mach3)
« on: January 29, 2023, 07:28:39 AM »
I'm looking for some pointers as to where to start!

I have a Syil X4+ that is used from time to time and recently I have found it very frustrating. When running a job, the spindle will stop mid job and then immediately start up again and repeats it until I press the e-stop. Now, the last job was:
1.3mm rectangular cut (with radii) in ally and a very slow feed using an 8mm cutter.
I can get the spindle to slow down using my hands but I can't stop it. However, a 3mm slot drill will stop it - and break the cutter! So I suspect it is software related rather than the motor.
Any thoughts as to where I should start looking?

(Mach3, Win7, UC100)
Re: Spindle stops and then immediately starts up again (Mach3)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 03:04:12 PM »
Hi,
you need to use a multimeter to measure the PWM 0-10V that controls the spindle. If it fluctuating then Mach/UC100 is at fault, if its steady
then the spindle or VFD is at fault. May also need to look at the On/Off relay.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 04:26:28 AM »
Thanks Craig. It is a starting point for me and will feed back in a week or so when back from hols. I will also reload Mach3 as a chum suggested that may even help (it did for him when he had a strange issue).
Matt
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 08:35:32 AM »
It looks very much like a protection trip. We need to look for the cause: maybe one of the limit sensors is triggered
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 08:46:47 AM »
I'm in the process of bypassing the controller for the spindle motor and using the speed operation independently. If that overcomes the issues, then it will be a full upgrade with UCCNC & AXBB-E

Matt