Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 06:59:03 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-A and MRJ2S  (Read 969 times)

CSMIO/IP-A and MRJ2S
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:09:17 PM »
Hello Everyone!!!

It has been a bit, but eight years later I am working on another build.  Nothing extremely fancy just basic features.  I thought I would use components that I had to save some money.

Controller:  CSMIO/IP-A
Drives:  Mitsubishi MR-J2S-20A
Motors:  Mitsubishi HC-KFS23( Some with gear reducers, other not)
Control System:  Mach3 possibly Mach4

Having used the CSMIO controller in a couple of other projects, machine wiring and I/O was pretty straight forward.  So I currently have my drawing and everything readily mapped out for whichever control system I decide to use. 

Now this is my first attempt at analogue control with servos.  I have used Yaskawa with step/dir control with great success.  However I do not remember spending so much time with my head buried in a servo manual.  So the analog controller is monitoring the encoder pulses.  However there are several parameters that have to be set accordingly in the amplifier.

Motor output is 131,072 pulses/rev.
Electronic gearing not relevant in Speed Mode based on what I read.(see attached snippet)
However parameter 27(attached snippet) allows for encoder pulse output modifications
Parameter 54 allows to actually use a dividing count thereof.

I am trying to figure out what all my step values per pulse are going to be, but not really understanding completely what the end values will be based amplifier output pulse.  I assume that the amplifier encoder output pulse is the signal that will end up at my controller.  I have a target value pusle/rev that the controller likes and best I can tell I can accommodate that.  If some one could further explain the attached parameters so I can better understand it would greatly appreciated.

Also is anyone currently using the drives and controller setup.

Thanks!!!