Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:31:53 PM

Author Topic: PM 940M CNC Mill Bought Second Hand without PC, Need help setting up  (Read 1168 times)

I bought a used Precision Mathews PM-940M CNC Mill Serial Number 1709178 with a MFG date of 09/2017. Its got an N-Motion CNC controller in the cabinet in the back and a standard USB cable hook up. I have no idea how to make this run. I have downloaded Mach 3 but it doesn't seem to recognize the controller. Phone support would be the best if anyway possible. Thanks

Clay
660-358-1588

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: PM 940M CNC Mill Bought Second Hand without PC, Need help setting up
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 02:22:39 AM »
For Mach3 to recognize your controller you need to copy the ‘Nmotion.dll’ into the Mach3 / Plugins folder. Then, with the controller connected, set up the various Mach3 parameters. The video Graham has linked should help you do this.

If you do not already have it the Nmotion.dll can be downloaded and extracted from the .zip file here;  https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=36537.0;attach=48153

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 10:49:30 PM »
Gents, thanks for the help. I am assuming I will need the full license key as I do not see a plugins folder in my current Demo Mach 3 downloaded folder correct?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 01:34:39 AM »
Gents, thanks for the help. I am assuming I will need the full license key as I do not see a plugins folder in my current Demo Mach 3 downloaded folder correct?

I don't know the answer to that as it is not something I have ever encountered.

At this stage I would be inclined to create a new folder called 'Plugins' and place the Nmotion.dll there and then see if it is recognized when you open / run Mach3.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 07:01:45 PM »
You do not need a full licence to install plugins, a default install is located in the root folder of drive C and Mach3 should have the PlugIns folder ready to use with Flash.dll and Joystick.dll already installed.
Without engineers the world stops