Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:15:40 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 no connection to ESS smoothstepper problem  (Read 1333 times)

Offline MMP

•  5 5
    • View Profile
Mach4 no connection to ESS smoothstepper problem
« on: January 18, 2023, 05:46:54 AM »
While trying to install mach4 for an Mill which is already running with mach3 occurs the problem "it does not appear that you are connected to the ESS board".

Box: Windows XP, 2 logins. At the other login mach3 ist working with the actual settings including the connection to the ESS board. With this mach3 and this settings I use this mill.
The second login für windwos was created for mach4 (being somewhat separated).
I follow the installation instructions. Mach4 ist the downloadable hobby version, the ESS Pluig is the corresponding according the artsoft site.
The ESS plugin is installed an enabled.

The IP of the board was changed times before to  10.9.9.9 from the default 10.9.9.10. I wan't change it back because mach3 ist working an I use the mill.

Pictures show al this, even that in this windows account the ESS board is reachable per ping.

What I have to do for beeing able to connect and to continue trying to change to mach4?

Offline MMP

•  5 5
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 no connection to ESS smoothstepper problem
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 11:11:58 AM »
one correction: the IP is at 10.9.9.9 by default according to the documentation of ethernet smooth stepper at
site
https://www.warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-ess
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 07:46:28 AM »
Did you run the ess configuration file

Offline MMP

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 01:04:47 PM »
The SCU tool I have started to "configure verything". In the "advanced mode" the connection to the ess is shown an also the IP of the ESS. This is at one of the screenshoots. I haver tried to restart both the computer and the ESS. First computer, second ESS, third mach4. In this try no success,
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 05:26:05 PM »
what is selected under configure/motion controller

Offline MMP

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 08:27:10 AM »
Now solved.
There ist another point where one have to switch tu use the ess plugin, see picture. I have german menus and cannot say how they are named in other languages.
I wonder where I have overseen that in the documentation.
Tanks for the help!

Offline MMP

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 08:35:12 AM »
About the translation I wrote because there is a "Konfiguration" (main-)menu entry which seems to be clearly to correspond with the english "config".

But at this menu there ist nothing which is named similar to "motion controller". Instead the ESS Plugin have this own entry in this menu.

Therefore I found by trying all (!) the entries in the "Konfiguration" menu the one with the missing switch.
The ESS- Menu entry self just give the error which is shown in the picture of the first post.
 :-/
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 01:05:50 PM »
Thats where I was referring to, glad you have it figured out