Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:43:42 PM

Author Topic: update to M4 .5000 version  (Read 1872 times)

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
update to M4 .5000 version
« on: January 07, 2023, 03:22:04 AM »
i have an EMCO mill converted to mach3 and that runs for a few years now. i use CSLABS CSMIO/IP-S six axis and pokeys for the pendant. the pc is an intel nuc with W10/8GB internal RAM. i converted it to M4 (previous version 46..) all went wel, i made the software for the toolchanger, perfect. (https://youtu.be/a72-Q8TJUow) i did an upgrade to the .5000 version. now CSLABS comes with PID fault: error 1092
i reinstalled M4, made a new clean profile and entered all the setting.. nothing works.
i hope to get some ideas...
Re: update to M4 .5000 version
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 11:44:47 AM »
Hi Tantan,
I have noticed the same problems with IP-A. Latest version I could still get to work is 4780. While else works, as soon as I invoke any motion inside of a macro, it throws out PID error. I wrote to CSMIO about it, and they said there is a missmatch between mach4 and csmio possitions, and that mach4 is to blame for it. Other controllers like smoothstepper and pokeys work without a problem.

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 03:36:13 PM »
I was told by CSLabs that they are working on an update and i should be available in Q1 of this year. I noticed that they had not released updates for the last 2 years…. Perhaps they want to try to bring mach users to their own cnc system they developed…. I hope they wil solve this matter, pointing a finger to the other one is too easy..
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 04:48:20 PM »
Hi,
there has been some discussion on this matter on the Mach4 General Discussion board. It would appear that build 5000 caused problems for more than just CSLabs.

Apparently certain sections of build 5000 code run very very much faster than had been the case with earlier build and various controllers including CSLabs have been caught out,
it causes a 'race' condition.

NFS has contacted all the manufacturers of Mach4 ready controllers and they are working towards a solution.

CSLabs responsiveness to this sort of issue used to be legendary, but in recent years their commitment to fixing plugin problems has diminished markedly. Shame really, CSLabs had an
enviable reputation.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 09:53:12 AM »
hi Graig,

thank you for you're reply, i am in contact with cslabs on their own forum. i hope they find a solution for this matter. as far as i can tell the new version did let the motors run very smoothly!

regards,

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 02:08:54 PM »
i have been trying to upgrade to M4 for more than a year. M3 runs like it should be on an intel nuc I5 with 16GB RAM, with CS-MIO IP/s from CSLabs. on this PC i run M4 as wel.... i continuously get PID errors when moving the axis. had several times contact with CSLabs, and they updated their firmware once in 1.5 year... still get the PID errors.
i went back to M3...tired of testing. M4 in combination with CSLabs products is definitely not the right combination

thanks all for the replies.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 08:46:18 PM »
I gave up with CS-Labs and Mach4 some time back and run Mach3 with no real problems on my CS-MIO-IP/A.  Every issue I reported to them turned out to be my fault just how this can be is beyond me as some times it ran fine then it would set off and part way through error out with a jolt and break the tool or dive in to the job and wreck the part and the tool.

The same machine with nothing changed except its running on Mach3 R3.043.062 runs perfect, no issues at all.

I do run Mach4 on my other machines with different controllers PMDX, ESS, Pokeys 57 and Galil and have no problems.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 08:53:18 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops