Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:07:39 PM

Author Topic: DSPMC 7763S  (Read 3193 times)

DSPMC 7763S
« on: December 27, 2022, 04:28:24 PM »
I'm integrating a new project using analog servos. After not being able to get any analog signal out of my 7763S J12 plug, I just discovered that there is not any +12V coming out of pin 1, nor is there any -12V coming out of pin 3. I do have +3.3V and +5V at other pins. Is this a hardware failure, or do I need to activate something?
Re: DSPMC 7763S
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 09:32:36 PM »
Hello Warren

Can you measure volts on the power supply green plug on this board.

If you are supplying only 12 volts power, analog circuit will not work.

For your servo tunning, please sure the plugin config axis windows test motion command and graph.  make sure your analog drive gain is not too high.  the analog drives take +-10v command for speed or torque.  make sure 9 to 10 volts produce the max speed or torque.  if the gain is too high on your drivers, even 1 volt will produce too much torque and you will not be able to tune the drives. 

you can test the gain by setting analog voltage to 1, 2, 3...volts and see how fast the motor is moving.  you can do this test using plugin config window system tab, there you will find button to set analog test voltage output for each DAC channel.

If the encoder polarity is reversed, that can also make it impossible to tune.  you can see the polarity behavior in the axis config tab motion graph.

hope this helps.

Thx
VSI Support