Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 03:00:32 AM

Author Topic: Toolpath window difference  (Read 438 times)

Toolpath window difference
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:33:29 PM »
Another difference from M3 to M4 I can't seem to figure out if there's a way to replicate it.
On M3 when you scrolled thru the gcode the toolpath used to highlight the move segment in the toolpath. I can't find anyway to make M4 do that. I'm going to keep trying to find it but any help on whether it's possible would be appreciated.
Thanks again.
Re: Toolpath window difference
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 10:58:33 PM »
OK I found it looks like it is highlighting the current segment. But the color is so close to the line color it's hard to see.
I tried to change the colors in the screen editor but it doesn't seem to change in the window.
Am I missing something?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 10:43:14 AM »
I finally found the answer to this one also.
I was changing the line width from 1 to 2 and it didn't change - barely see the line.
I saw someone said be generous so I set it at 30 and no change. After all night trying things I went all the way to 300 and now it shows up like a line should. Wow, generous really means a lot.
Thanks for the fourm help.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 03:31:43 AM »
This has EVERYTHING to do with your video GPU and its associated Windows driver.  If I entered 300 on my machine, the whole tool path window would be filled with a line segment.  :(  Newer video cards and OpenGL drivers are not properly supporting the OpenGL function called glLineWidth(), which is what that tool path setting is using.  So I'm glad you found a setting that worked for you because some GPUs don't even allow the line width to be changed now! 

Steve