Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 12:08:24 PM

Author Topic: wxLathe screen weird problem  (Read 534 times)

wxLathe screen weird problem
« on: December 23, 2022, 10:48:15 PM »
When I run the Lathe screen on my machine I have only two Tabs - Program Run and Turn Cycles.
When I run it on my laptop that I have it loaded on so I can learn and edit screens, the same lathe screen has a Diagnostic tab also.
If I copy the screen to the lathe computer it again only has the two tabs and no diagnostic tab.
Even in the screen designer on the machine computer it is missing the diagnostic tab.
The only difference is  the lathe is using the smoothstepper ESS. Could this have anything to do with it? Is there something in Mach that stops it from being there?
Thanks
Re: wxLathe screen weird problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 07:34:33 PM »
Hi,
the presence or otherwise of an ESS is not the issue.

Some screensets have an extra tab, some don't.
For example, I updated my Mach4 build on my machine only to find that the new wx4.set did not have a machine diagnostics tab,
so, I added a new tab and programmed it the way I wanted it. I tried copying that part of an existing screenset that had the page that I wanted
but did not have that much luck trying to do so. I'm sure is possible but I didn't invest enough time to work out how.
I just programmed the block of data I needed...took about three hours.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 07:38:00 PM »
Hi,
I should add just in case that you don't know, when you make a new screenset say by editing an existing or supplied screenset like wx4.set,
make a copy with a unique name. Then when you update Mach some months down the track your modified wx4.set does not get over written,
it's a PITA to have to redo all that work!

Craig
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 10:25:26 PM »
Thanks, yes in the meantime I did find tha I had loaded an earlier version of Mach and it had the tab but the .5000 build screen didn't. Getting used to this is gonna take a while!
Thanks for reply
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 12:43:32 AM »
Hi,
the easiest way around that is to rename the earlier version on the screen set that you like with a unique name. Then when you update
the uniquely named .set file will survive the update and can now be selected for use with the updated build.

Craig
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 01:55:21 PM »
You can also open the mill screen, edit the screen and then right click on the 'Diag' property in the MainTabs property tree and export that tab.  Then go into lathe screen, right click on the MainTabs and import the diagnostics tab.  Then be sure and do what Craig suggessted and rename the screen set.  HTH

GOOMBA

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 10:13:54 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibqmyP-fZWU

This isn't exactly what the diagnostics wiz looks like now but it does essentially the same thing.
This is the replacement for the diagnostics tab. It's just better.