Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 12:52:42 AM

Author Topic: button script  (Read 505 times)

button script
« on: December 21, 2022, 01:15:12 AM »
 toggle button added to screen.. under properties it allows me to select the script to run... what kind of file is it looking for? (MCC, MCS, ?) and does the file need to reside in a specific folder. Thanks, Bob :-X
Re: button script
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 11:46:16 AM »
click on 'left up script' button to the right of 'Left up script' and an ellipse button will appear.  Click on that and then write the script there.  HTH
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 08:41:14 PM »
all that does is open the editor... but it doesn't allow me to select anything.. so again... what is it looking for? here's the test before you answer... forget everything you understand.. then you'll be pretty much like me... now that you're on my level.. open up Mach4 Hobby... invoke the screen editor... add a bitmap button.. go to properties... click on the Left Up Script entry box... you should be in the entry to the right of 'LEFT UP SCRIPT'.. there should also be a button on the right on the entry box.. if you click the button the LUA editor should open.. now explain what you do to get something in the box to the right of Left Up Script :-\
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 08:55:33 PM »
maybe we're missing something so simple... when I click the ellipse button, the editor opens basically looking for me to SELECT something.. I'm not in what I would expect would be the Left_Up_Script function of the button name. Should I be?  :-[
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 09:03:38 PM »
ok.. tried again and now it opened up the editor with some internal name. not the button name I expected. Put in some test code and its working. Thanks
have a Great Holiday and Happy New Year!!!