Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:12:05 PM

Author Topic: what version of Mach3 do I need  (Read 20438 times)

Re: what version of Mach3 do I need
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
Well, I got my ncpod back from Carl at Oemtech (good guy), found a psp game 5 volt supply and hooked everything up according to the new instructions at http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/PlugIns/NcPodUserManual.pdf and now all three servos are working with Mach3 on my mill ;D  It seems the problem was the labeling on the board was different than in the new instructions with certain board versions that have back to back step and direction connectors.  Bottom line is, go by the new instruction wiring diagram.  I'm likely going to need to mount my g320 drivers on heatsinks since they get pretty warm.  I can touch them and keep my fingers on them without pain.  That's about how hot they get.

Now I am trying to get my kbcc-125r dc spindle motor drive working with the dc-05 Digispeed-nc digital to analog converter, in order to control rpm via Mach3.  So far all I'm getting is my spindle turning without any control over speed or torque.  If anyone has any clues, I'd like to hear from them.

Thanks,

Frank
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:39:39 PM by jed102 »
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
I cannot understand English well.
You may have already tried it.
Only on the display of the computer, did you give test of the empty mawashi driving?
Can you mention the almost all of the connection diagram?
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 10:50:38 AM »
I can take some pictures tomorrow and put them up.  The spindle is actually direct drive and motor is running free at the moment (no belt) no "mawashi".  I'll try to give some screen shots of the settings as well.

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »
I put a pot on the kbcc dc spindle control  p1, p2, p3, connectors (the same terminals that I had the Digispeed connected to), and found that the kbcc wasn't tuned at all for my motor, so I am working on that at the moment. 

Once I get the motor running well with the kbcc using the pot, I will get back to the Mach3/Ncpod/Digispeed control interface.  So far I have control of the motor speed with the pot, but I only am using about a tenth of the full clockwise rotation, so it is very sensitive.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 12:11:07 PM »
Ok kbcc is now tuned and wired to the Digispeed again.  This time when I click self calibrate in Mach3, it actually starts off slow and gradually speeds up to maximum speed, when it was finished self calibration I saved it.   However, when I go to move the speed bar up or down in Mach3, it just stops the spindle.  So, I am stumped again!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »
Spindle set up is now working, after entering a spindle speed in the mdi screen :)

It is a Portercable 3.25 hp router directly driving a precision jewel makers lathe spindle.  I'm guessing it will be perfect for high speed milling up to 15,000 rpm or so.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:10 PM »
Hi, I'd like to know this also. I just got my ncpod and it spins my motor with the OEM basic control panel, however, although I loaded the plug-ins and check the ncpod box when starting mach3, the mach3 "ports and pins" config area does not give me a usb selection to check like the one shown in the online picture, instead I get a "maxnc" box.

How do I use this ncpod with mach3 then?

Thanks for any help,

John H.