Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:18:46 AM

Author Topic: AXYZ CNC router conversion  (Read 20334 times)

Re: AXYZ CNC router conversion
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »
Just a little update.

I finally have got a little time to fool with my router. Here is what I have come up with for anyone in the future looking for similar info. And it's nothing out of this world, but being a newb it's like a huge breakthrough.

I was taking things apart trying to dissect whatever I could to understand what I had. The biggest thing I found out was that the drivers are Intelligent motion systems IM-483 step drivers. Once I had that, I went about getting the schematics and pdf's for them. All of which can be found on their website. At first I contacted them and was told that they no longer service the processor that I identified, but after another e-mail to them I was pointed in the right direction. For anyone needing that information in the future, here ya go.
http://www.imshome.com/downloads/manuals/im483.pdf

In order to just work my way through to try and get it up and running, I am not using a BOB or interface of any sort at the moment. But I am working on that now. Just for a better and protected installation.

Anyway, the long and short of it is this. This was EXTREMELY easy to do. I basically disconneted the AXYZ processor and wired my parellel port to the drivers like any other driver. I grabbed a 25 pin parellel port end and soldered all my little connections on there. Then moving to the drivers I completely left the P2 (left side) bank alone and left it wired as it was. The P1 bank on the right of each driver. I pulled out the 4 wires from the AXYZ board and I merely re-wired pins 2-3 as shown in the pdf. Bam, that was simple. I then went and followed the Mach3 PDF for set up and tuning and so far so good. I was not sure if there were any limit switches on the mahine at first, but upon closer inspection there are proximity sensors on it and I will tie in to those for proper installment. Should be fairly straight forward.

Again, I know that would have been super easy for most of you veteran guys out there, but this was like speaking chinese to me. So I am really happy to have gotten it to this point. Now I need to purchase a full version of MACH, a BOB, and some CAD/CAM software and learn how to use this machine.
Re: AXYZ CNC router conversion
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »
My name is Eduardo, I read about the conversion of the forum AXYZ Mach3.
I live in Sao Paulo Brazil and I have two and sometimes AXYZ Millennium
I have problems.

One had to replace the inverter frequency by a Vacon brand,
was good, but operates independently.

I put an on / off switch and a potentiometer to adjust the rotation of the spindle.

Now I need to replace the flash memory card. When I turn on the machine she does not read
the memory.

The price of the card in AXYZ Burlignton in Canada, $ 580 .... and FEDEX
and fees here in Brazil ... $ 1,400 total ... too expensive

I think it's just a common memory and that maybe I could adapt
a pen drive or similar, but not tried anything yet.

Another problem I had was the communication interface of the PC to the machine,
but I use the entry rs 485 machine, using a common drive,
built nearby, RS232 to RS485 converter.

A former representative of AXYZ here in Brazil is selling many machines
China and ofecere switch control of the axes with the Chinese electronics
asking $ 2300 and maybe I do it because AXYZ prices seem high.

In theory I see no difficulty turning the motors with other controllers
but I'm researching best to make sure.