Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:28:00 PM

Author Topic: Reversing Motors?  (Read 3167 times)

Reversing Motors?
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »
I have noticed that my machine seems to move contrary to what I thought it should. Case in point, my Z axis. It wants to go through the material. I set X&Y at zero at the right hand corner of the part, touch off for Z zero. When I start the cycle the Z, drills into the material and into the table. Then it moves to the left when I think it should move to the right and retract between cuts to a safe Z of .250. I use V Carve Wizard to generate my code,( 2d only) it displays a preview of what the cuts look like. This is the basis of my observations. I've tried to reverse the motor by changing the values in Motor output, and when I do that I get no movement at all. No sounds no hums nothing. Any ideas as to why that is happening????
Re: Reversing Motors?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:33:52 PM »
some motor drivers respond to negative trigger from positive volts low, some respond to 0v trigger from positive low, and some respond to negative trigger from zero low, this would explain the non function of reverse motor output, just a thought....when i was first learning this my entire router gantry arm (rack and pignion) ignored the limit switch and shot off the end of the machine and killed my stereo.

benergy
Re: Reversing Motors?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »
Hop on MSN messanger and I will change the settings for you an other way.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com