Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:00:26 AM

Author Topic: The M40 opendigfile Macro in Mach3  (Read 1026 times)

Offline docslip

•  2 2
  • Retired Dir Engineering, Novax Corp. March 27-2000
    • View Profile
The M40 opendigfile Macro in Mach3
« on: December 01, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »
Circumstance: Using Mach3 digitize wizard in mach3\addons directory results in gcode file and when cycle starts,  a dialog box pops up looking for a filename and a path to save to probe data. This box is quite small and often the operator doesn't look at the path. Screen is 5 feet away above tail stock of large car wheel lathe where we probe then re-cut the faces.

I would like to assign a windows path so the user doesn't need to look at it since it is always  the same provided no-one , like me , came along and changes it.

Solution -  I'd like to add a line ahead of the code"M40" macro file such as  "SetSaveAsPath = "c:\users\Billy\Desktop\DigitizePatterns\2022"
so when the daily user runs his probing the M40 dialog box will pop up with destination already set.

The trouble is, I do not know the variable name for the path string. In the XML file it's called <Pattern>. No such luck using that.
name.
Any ideas where I can find the correct variable name for this path variable, or perhaps another solution.?

Thanking you in advance,
Bill Phillips, Surrey BC, Canada
Retired, age 72