Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 09:21:27 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Win7 Jog-mode enabled prohibits entering axis values  (Read 723 times)

Mach3 Win7 Jog-mode enabled prohibits entering axis values
« on: December 01, 2022, 06:24:02 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm running Mach3 with Windows7 and Pokeys57 interface board.
I built a MPG long time ago which is connected to the Pokeys interface.
That works fine.

But: I need to switch Mach3 into Jog mode in order to move the axis with the MPG.
That's ok so far, but when in Jog mode, I cannot change or reset the axis values.
When I try this the entered value is not commited to the display as long as I stay in
Jog mode.
As soon as I switch off Jog mode, the displays are jumping to the new value (or zero if I zeroed the axis).
So I find myself switching Jog mode on and off every time I need to set coordinates or move the axis by hand.

I remember this was not necessary some time ago.

I made an excurse to Mach4 and tried hard to get it to work, but I had so many problems that I decided
to go back to the reliable Mach3.
In the old Mach3 I did not need to switch on or off Jog mode at all.
Either it was off all the time and I was able to use the MPG also in normal mode,
or the DROs could be set with Jog mode on. I really do not remember, which was the case.
What I remember though was the fact I never had to switch Jog mode on or off manually.

Is there a way to use the MPG and CNC operation and setting the DRO _without_ having to switch
Jog mode on and off all the time?
Could you please give me a hint how to get this finctionallity back again?

Thank you!

Lothar
Re: Mach3 Win7 Jog-mode enabled prohibits entering axis values
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 07:03:19 AM »
P.S.:
It appears that DROs can be set without a problem when Jog mode is on on a second
installation of Mach 3 I just did on my laptop for testing.

So I assume the problem on my machine must be something in the Pokeys setup or similar rather then in Mach3 itself.

I'll do some more experimenting.