Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:55:24 AM

Author Topic: Surface map wizard  (Read 1600 times)

Surface map wizard
« on: November 30, 2022, 06:12:07 AM »
Hi,
I've upgraded MACH4 to the 4.2.0.5000 version (hobby version), and now the surface map wizard behaves weirdly : Between two touch points the Z-axis doesn't move up all the time, sometime it does, sometimes not...I didn't have this problem with the previous release version...
I'm using the pokeys57CNC controller.
Does anyone have the same problem ?
Re: Surface map wizard
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 08:50:33 AM »
Hi,
I talked to the guys and they told me you have a support ticket and they are testing this morning.

For anyone wanting more info we are looking to see if more than one map is active. We have done some major updates to this feature and we now have a main tab dedicated to working with the maps. you can also have mapped areas and turn them on and off on the fly :)

please feel free to post what the solution is here and I will try to keep track of this as well. We put to much work into this for it to not be 100% and it need to be fun to use. This is a feature that you can do some cool things with!

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

GOOMBA

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 03:42:10 PM »
This occurred due to the previous version of MACH not being uninstalled prior to installing the new MACH version.
So it kept the old wizard as well as added the new one.

The current surface mapping wizard is named the following and there are no duplicates contained within build 5k :)
mcSurfaceMap.mcs
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 11:00:16 AM »
Im experiencing same issue with surface map. The Z does not lift between two probed points. Did you find some solution? Besides using something else like AutoLeveller.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 04:15:34 PM »
Understanding that this topic is old, I'm having the same issue with the surface map wizard in that it probes the first point, then drags the probe along the surface to the next point. It only moves when there is additional space under the probe and it closes the gap and continues to drag.
It appears the only solution is to use a third party mapping utility.