Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:45:57 PM

Author Topic: Latest Backlash Comp behaviour on circles?  (Read 4333 times)

Latest Backlash Comp behaviour on circles?
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering how Backlash Compensation is working when cutting circles? I have not been using the B. Comp because the last time I did it ruined a part by creating an oval instead of a circle. I was having the problem of deceleration after a change of direction in x & y at the time and was unaware of the Shuttle accel. adjustment of .05 - .1. I have yet to make this setting as I've just learned about it here in the forum. I am wondering if accurate circles are simply unobtainable with B. Comp on even with the correct Shuttle accel. settings as in 2006 versions of Mach3.

I now have a part to cut that needs the accuracy of Backlash Comp, but also need accurate holes or circles.

Thanks

Kurt
Re: Latest Backlash Comp behaviour on circles?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
Hello people,
I can't believe no one has any info on this. It has been an issue for some time if you read the posts on backlash comp.

Thanks

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »
Are you saying it still makes ovals or asking if anyone has tested it? Have you tried it?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:21:11 PM »
If you are talking about backlash comp in general. yeah I have never been able to make it work right either. no matter the version of mach. on my mill it would always cause my servo's to jerk funny even when i turned the comp speed way down and on my lathe it would do this really wierd thing where it would jump, stop and then make a completely huge move of say 1/2'' where it would slowly excellerate then decelrate. never did figure it out. I just gave up and stated programing the comp moves into my programs. Its my only real problem with mach.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 08:21:51 PM »
I guess I'm asking if there is a known issue with circles while in Backlash comp mode even with the Shuttle accel setting of .05 - .1 set correctly. Everything up to current I've read alludes to the idea that the circles are slightly or more so made oval under Backlash comp. while straight line moves are correct. I admit I have yet to try it with the latest settings. I have been busy cutting down and squaring the blocks that will later receive a hole cut of some sort.

Thanks

Kurt

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:25:13 PM »
Hi, ???? Thanks

Only a few use it, Read this POST: "Backlash Compensation" "Oct 31 07 "

Thanks. Chip
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »
Read it already.

I guess when I re-read it .0005 is quite good. Hopefully I can get mine to be that close.