Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:19:07 PM

Author Topic: Use 2 mcSignalWait  (Read 502 times)

Use 2 mcSignalWait
« on: October 31, 2022, 12:12:42 PM »
Hello guys,

is there a workaround to use 2 mc.SignalWait at the same time?

I am building a gear changer for my mill.
One  signal is for the completion of a gear change and the second is an alarm in case of jammed gears.

Therefore I need to wait for 2 signals at the same time.

Thank you,
Tasos
Re: Use 2 mcSignalWait
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 03:06:44 PM »
Can you not just check for jammed gears after the gear change?
If you first change gears and there is no timeout, then check for jammed gears.
Or does it check for jammed gears while it is changing gears?
If so, you could set something in the PLC Script up....
If it is in a gear change routine, set a flag (I use # variables) to 1 and in your PLC script, if that flag is set to 1 then check for the jammed gears signal... if it goes true (jammed gears) then initiate an e stop and set a message flag.  From there, just let the macro signal wait timer timeout and then call a macro stop and a message based on either jammed gears or just a timeout. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 03:08:36 PM by Cbyrdtopper »
Chad Byrd
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 03:40:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

it checks for jammed gears while it is changing gears (it has 3 sets of gears meaning it does 3 consecutive changes)

The way I have set it is like you describe.
1. I have set a macro  which changes the 3 stages succesfuly

2. In the sigTable I set the error signal, when it is on  it executes a CntlMacroStop.
    The main problem is that it doesn't stop the macro which is in mc.SignalWait ''mode'' waiting for the gears to complete their changing, instead it executes till the end

3. I would like to avoid initiating an e-stop, because the way it is set, when the gears get jammed it executes  a sequence to "unjam" and retries the gear change again

So in few words is there any way to stop the macro (which is in mc.SignalWait ''mode'') and not execute till the end?

Thank you for your input
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 04:29:41 PM »
That is a question for someone else smarter than me.  I did not delve further into this since I did not have to worry about the issue you are describing. 
Our of curiosity, how much time would you be saving to do this?  Is it actually worth you doing this?   I'm just asking... meaning no offense by the question.  I have wasted quite a bit of time trying to do things, when in reality... by the time I got to the machine to resolve an issue, the time saved or the process that I've set up was really not worth the time I spent because of the downtime of the machine waiting on ME rather than waiting on ITSELF. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »
Hi,

I have wasted quite a bit of time trying to do things, when in reality... by the time I got to the machine to resolve an issue, the time saved or the process that I've set up was really not worth the time I spent because of the downtime of the machine waiting on ME rather than waiting on ITSELF.

By crikey....that's the story of my life!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 10:02:12 AM »
That is a question for someone else smarter than me.  I did not delve further into this since I did not have to worry about the issue you are describing. 
Our of curiosity, how much time would you be saving to do this?  Is it actually worth you doing this?   I'm just asking... meaning no offense by the question.  I have wasted quite a bit of time trying to do things, when in reality... by the time I got to the machine to resolve an issue, the time saved or the process that I've set up was really not worth the time I spent because of the downtime of the machine waiting on ME rather than waiting on ITSELF.
No offence taken. This is sth I like to do in my spare time (mostly weekends...)The machine (mikron wf3 dcm) already had the mechanism for changing the gears so I said "why not give it a try with mach 4).

In reality it is not worth it since you could put 3 levels in place and change the gears in 30'' but I like to learn things and mess with stuff and also I have an excuse to go to the basement and avoid the old lady... ;D