Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:55:40 PM

Author Topic: Slave homing issues  (Read 559 times)

Slave homing issues
« on: October 26, 2022, 10:26:25 AM »
I posted this over on the Warp9 forum, but still waiting on someone to answer.
I running ESS with Mach4. I'm trying to get the Y axis and slave axis A to home to their own switches to square the gantry. Ive attached pictures of my current settings and with these settings when I click ref all axes home the Y motor stops moving towards it's home switch, but the A axis does not move. The A axis works fine jogging the machine.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 10:37:13 AM by DynMetalworks »
Re: Slave homing issues
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:48:41 AM »
I can't get the screen shots to attach. Here is a link to them

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nd8dZUvXwYxNoNkA7
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 04:15:44 PM »
Hi,

I running ESS with Mach4. I'm trying to get the Y axis and slave axis A to home to their own switches to square the gantry. Ive attached pictures of my current settings and with these settings when I click ref all axes home the Y motor stops moving towards it's home switch, but the A axis does not move. The A axis works fine jogging the machine.

This post should be on the Mach4 General Discussion board....this board is about Mach3. No doubt Tweakie will shift it in due course.

Your first mistake is equating Mach4 and Mach3 . In Mach3 you slave the A axis to the Y axis, but in Mach4 you have the Y axis master and up to 4 slave motors, you do not do anything
with the A axis at all. See attached, being the Motor Assignment tab in Mach4's Control plugin. Note that you can assign one or more slave motors, in my case I'm already using four motors,
motor0, motor1 thru motor3 for my four axes and would use either motor4 or motor5 if I wanted a slave motor.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 04:33:58 PM »
Hi,
try on the Mach4 Control plugin Homing/Limits Tab having the Y axis motor (motor2) and the Y axis slave motor (motor4)
have the same number in the Homing order, they have to move together, including homing together.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It's working now!