Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:31:02 PM

Author Topic: New computer to run Mach3  (Read 1389 times)

New computer to run Mach3
« on: October 19, 2022, 01:57:30 PM »
I have a small milling machine run off Mach3 controlled by an old dell laptop with windows7..
I would like to upgrade the computer and was wondering if I could use a PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK CF-D1 MK3 i5-6300U 2.40GHZ 16GB 1TB XENTRY running windows10.
The milling machine is connected to the laptop via a usb port.

Just for fun my son and I tried hooking up his new laptop with windows11 to the mill. He downloaded a demo version of Mach3. we set his laptop up with the same config setting as my old laptop. Mach3 loaded up and when you used the arrow keys the X & Y numbers changed on the screen but the milling machine didnt move. What could the reason for that be?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks KennyL
Re: New computer to run Mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 02:13:41 PM »
Yes you should be able to upgrade. I moved fro an old Dell xp desktop to a Win10 mini PC almost without changing anything.  I just had to add a USB motion controller and its plugin.  That's probably why the win11 machine didn't work, it would need the appropriate plugin.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »
The controller I have is a UC100 USB CNC motion controller.
I’ll see if I can get a plug-in for it for the windows 11 laptop
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 04:26:18 PM »
I also use the uc100.  You can download the plugin from the cncdrive website.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 04:54:37 PM »
Thank you for your help
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 04:10:34 PM »
hello,  does anyone know what plugin to use for MK4-M4 when using mach3 ,  the vendor clearly stated that is mach3 compatible, but dont know what plugin to use, thank you

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 02:14:26 PM »
Post some pictures to give us a clue.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 06:10:40 PM »
Hi,

does anyone know what plugin to use for MK4-M4 when using mach3

the part number suggests that your controller is an  Chinese made XHC controller. They are notorious for not answering emails or providing support for their customers.

I suspect that your particular controller is a 4 axis type and the M4 I believe refers to it being a Mach4 ready type. Don't believe it, the XHC Mach4 plugin
is hopelessly buggy and does not even support the GUI, it relies instead on wxMach....it short TOTAL S*********T, avoid like the plague.

Whether it will run with a Mach3 plugin....I don't know. Quite frankly I'd ditch it....just have to put it down to experience. Buy an Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9TD.
They have a dedicated support tech and a support forum, a VAST improvement over XHC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'