Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:38:01 AM

Author Topic: DRO on probe setting page (industrial)  (Read 648 times)

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
DRO on probe setting page (industrial)
« on: October 11, 2022, 07:15:53 AM »
I have a 3d probe ( shop made and yes it triggers the led )

problem is I cannot input any data into the DRO to set any setting they will not update ?

I have checked and they are set to "enable in place "

the probe will work to do the z cal but only if the tip is almost (.2mm) off the vice not ideal

any ideas

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: DRO on probe setting page (industrial)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 02:47:38 AM »
don't bother guys/gals even with the correct values inserted into the ini file manually it don't work . sometimes it nearly works next probe nothing . next probe it ignores the feed rate and goes at at full rapid Z- lucky I was probing the calibration xy and the ring gauge has a hole below

I notice that this tab has been removed from the hobby version I wonder why?

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 03:14:35 PM »
What build number are you running?  (The build number is REALLY useful info when trying to find a solution.)  Have you tried a newer build?  Some of the screens had an error in the DRO update/modify scripts at one time. 

Also, Hobby probing is handled completely different than Industrial.  Industrial has full Macro B and thus you really can't compare Hobby and Industrial.  You can get Hobby style probing by running the hobby screen sets though. 

Steve

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 03:52:35 PM »
Steve
I have tried a number of the builds inc the latest all exhibit the same faults unable to update the DRO and as above very random results.

you say the hobby screen set would give the hobby style probing but the probing tab is not present in the hobby screens that I have looked at only the new probe set ,

the last build. of industrial still has the probe tab with the calibration / settings as well as the new probe set

thanks for the reply I can't give you the build no. at this time as I am not in the workshop but lounging on the settee.

as I have a few jobs to do I think I will hold fire until you release a new public build

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 11:12:31 PM »
Perhaps you can give me some more information about the issue.  Like a screen shot showing the DRO?  Have you made a ticket with the support guys?  If not, I would do so.  They will get all of the pertinent info and they may already know of a solution. 

We are trying to get a new release out and if there is a screen issue, I would like it fixed before the release.

Steve

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 02:43:53 AM »
ok Steve I have the latest dev build 4980 installed but currently with my stripped down screen , I will load the same build into a new location and get you some more info but they pic would be from a phone as the cnc controller ( workshop pc ) has no internet connection

I will ss what I can do

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 04:39:44 AM »
Steve
I have submitted a ticket

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 04:40:17 AM »
another

Offline Rob G

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 12:57:02 PM »
Stuart,

We have updated all the probing Dro's so they all should be updating with user input.  we are slated to put a new build up on the FTP server shortly.

Thank you for reporting this!

Rob

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 01:19:34 PM »
Rob

Thank you for the update on this