Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:17:48 PM

Author Topic: Bizzare homing behavior on a fresh install of mach 3 with my old xml  (Read 740 times)

Hi All,

I've been struggling with some issues with a plugin suddenly not working for reasons I don't completely understand.  As part of trying to fix it, I've reinstalled mach 3.  I always have a routine backup of the mach3 folder, so I have an up to date xml and if needed can just plop it on the computer and go back as if nothing happened.  I'm trying to sort of make a "clean" start. 

I uninstalled and then deleted the mach3 folder.  I then reinstalled mach 3 and the UC300eth 5lpt.  I copied my xml and macro directory over into the correct folders and fired her up.  Everything looks correct, the machine jogs and runs the spindle normally, sprays coolant etc.  I have my homing set to 15% on all axes which looks correct in the dialogue, however the issue manifests when I go to home:  It homes at like .5ipm.  I cranked the speed up to 200% on the homing routine and it's still like 2ipm or something ridiculously low.  It's a G0704 machine with ballscrews and pretty beefy steppers so it rapids at 120ipm comfortably, and my motor tuning still reflects that.  It's like the homing speed percentages are disconnected to my motor tuning despite my jogs and accelerations all being normal.

If I just replace the mach3 folder with my backup copy, everything goes back to normal, including the homing.  I want to do a clean install of everything to see if I can get my Lee Davis Xbox 360 plugin running correctly again.  This issue is preventing me from kind of freshening up my install.  I'm honestly not sure what would have changed from my backup to a new copy if I'm bringing over my macro folder and xml, but the fact that this is happening seems to indicate there are other parameters that do change that I'm missing.

I use this machine for work. I'm not a machinist obvs, but I'm a prototype engineer and use this in my work from home setup to make parts when needed and use it pretty much daily.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.