Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Does Artsoft have a Post Processor that does not use InverseTime?  (Read 793 times)

Does Artsoft have a Post Processor that does not use InverseTime?
« on: September 01, 2022, 06:33:28 PM »
I'm trying to generate numbers around a handwheel dial.  Got Fusion to do the design and it simulates fine and even tells me how long it will take to machine.  But when I try to generate the G code, the standard Artsoft "Mach3Mill" post processor generates code with inverse time functions for A axis movement.  My Gecko 320X driver does not accept this and faults out, even if I slow the speed to 25%.  Does Artsoft provide a different post processor that will use G93 instead of G94?

I saw where it was possible to edit the Post Processor to change "var useInverseTimeFeed = true" to "var useInverseTimeFeed = false"  but this did not work for me.  The next attempt to post failed with the odd message "This post configuration has not been customized for 5-axis simultaneous tool path".  I see no reason why that change would introduce an extra axis.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Does Artsoft have a Post Processor that does not use InverseTime?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 09:19:07 PM »
Hi,
I think this is really a question for the Fusion Forum.

When Fusion generates a toolpath it records and tabulates the path in its own proprietary fashion. Only when a post is applied does that proprietary tabulation
get converted to Gcode. Therefore the post must use Fusion's tabulation methods, something that Artsoft cannot do and possibly would be illegal to do even if
they could do it. In effect all Fusion posts are written and maintained by Autodesk

I don't know if you have had a close look at the (Fusion) code that constitutes the post. Almost ALL Fusion posts assume a four and/or five axis machine, commonly however
the four and five axis functionality is turned off so that it produces regular three axis Gcode. With a few keystrokes you can edit the post to turn that functionality on. I suspect by:

"var useInverseTimeFeed = true" to "var useInverseTimeFeed = false"

effectively demands a full blown, ie five axis post.

In any event I think your enquiry should be on the Fusion Forum, and if I'm not mistaken there is a whole board devoted to Fusion posts.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 10:23:00 PM »
Thanks for your considered reply.  I will duplicate the query on the Fusion forum, but I started here as the post processor selected is Artsoft's "Mach3Mill" from the Fusion library and the line about InverseTime is in Artsoft's copyrighted post processor. 
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 12:27:46 AM »
Hi,

post processor selected is Artsoft's "Mach3Mill" from the Fusion library

That suggests to me that the post is written and maintained by Autodesk but made to suit ArtSoft's Mach3....not that it was supplied by Artsoft.

the line about InverseTime is in Artsoft's copyrighted post processor.

Where did you see this?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 12:47:12 AM »
I don't have the link just now, but it was an explanation on the HSM Post Processor Forum by Bob Schultz dealing with "Multi Axis Feed Rates".

You are quite correct.  The "Mach3Mill" post processor has a line saying it is copyright by Autodesk, Inc.