Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:12:17 PM

Author Topic: Configuring limit switches  (Read 844 times)

Configuring limit switches
« on: August 13, 2022, 02:52:59 PM »
Can someone help with the configuration of my limit switches in Mach4?  I have a home built machine with a Xylotec drive box with a UC100 controller.  I bought a BOB and plugged it into the Xylotec drive box.  I believe that I have the switches wired correctly but when I try and configure them in Mach4, when I exit out I instantly get a limit switch triggered message.  Any thoughts??
Re: Configuring limit switches
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 06:40:47 PM »
Hi,
This post belongs on the Mach4 General Discussion Board....this board is about Mach3. No doubt Tweakie will shift it in due course.

What plugin are you using for the UC100? Where did you get the profile....did you make your own or did you import it from somewhere?
Does the plugin diagnostic show a dedicated EStop input?. If it does is the pin configured Active High or Active Low?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Configuring limit switches
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 08:46:59 AM »
I got the UC100 plugin online. The Xylotex box which is not made anymore, is setup to run Active High.  I can run my machine without the limit switches and touch plate but it would be nice to add them.  I have tried every combination that I can think of including downloading Mach3 to see if it would run under that.  The BOB is supposed to be compatible with Mach3 but the software still could not see it.  So the issue seems to be that the Xylotex box does not want to play with any addons.  So I think that my choice is to run it without the switches and touch plate or purchase a new controller that is better suited for my Mach4 and already has the capability of adding homing switches and a Z probe.