Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:52:06 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 - Pokeys57cnc - Plasma Sense Config  (Read 1413 times)

Mach 4 - Pokeys57cnc - Plasma Sense Config
« on: August 09, 2022, 07:28:43 PM »
I can use little help here.
I'm struggling trying to get the proper configuration to make my system to work for PLASMA cutting. I'm using a Pokeys57cnc with Mach 4 and PoLabs Plasma Sense THC for that purpose. Following the "Mach 4 Plasma Configuration Guide" seems to me that there are no details on how to configure the Plasma Sense to use 0-10V input, they only mention HV, which I assume is for High Voltage or Raw Voltage directly form the Plasma Generator.
For the Plasma Configuration, I've used the Full Register Path as it comes from the "Register Diagnostic" without changing anything, so I will get something lik this: "PoKeys_41031/PlasmaSense HV", I've also use "iRegs0/nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage" from iRegs0-nf-thc instead. In either case I sometimes 'm able to cut a line after several attempts clearing multiple alarm messages or just piercing the material and stop. So, I think part of my problem is that I don't have mapped the "THC input" correctly, but since my THC is connected to the PoExtension2 Bus on the Pokeys57cnc board there is no way for me to physically track what pin is connected to for me to enable it, I've used pins 41 and 42 but no change, I'm enabled the THC with no pin assigned to but no change. I've also configured the Pokeys57cnc Input Sensor to 0-10V assuming this is what it should work but no change, so I changed this back to HV as it was.
So just to make my long story short, I would like to know if anybody is using a similar configuration to share a hint on whether I should configure THC Input in a very specific way or if my only way out will be to cut a hole on my Powermax 65 to get the raw high voltage out from it and connect it to the Plasma Sense device.
I've been changing several setting all over and the most frustrating thing is that sometimes it works (partially) and sometimes it doesn't.
Any help is welcome.
Re: Mach 4 - Pokeys57cnc - Plasma Sense Config
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 02:51:36 PM »
Additional Information:

If I follow the Plasma Sense user's manual version 1.2 where it says: "Set Analog voltage input register: PoKeys_*********xx/PlasmaSense HV" I"m able to make the torch to pierce but it stops immediately after, does not follow the next moving command and an alarm comes out and the process stops. If I follow your recommendation of reading the Mach4 user's documentation for plasma configuration, it says there that: "The analog voltage is a register that can be found by going to  Diagnostic>RegFile and selecting your motion controller, then its plasma unit". This is confusing, I believe it contradicts what you specify by using a different approach as explained before. So if I follow this recommendation, I can copy any of these: "iRegs0/nf/thc/TargetVoltage", "iRegs0/nf/thc/ThcActualVoltage" among several other options available. The good side of following this rule is that my system works partially fine, it follows the path while cutting and stops where it should. The bad side of it is that seem like the THC function does not work, in other words I don't see any height change while cutting so if I have a non-flat piece of material the torch will hit any high spot and the system stops. I observe that when configuring Plasma THC picking the Register from any iRegs0 like this, the THC LED in Mach4 THC screen is always on, so I can only cut material that is perfectly flat which defeats the purpose of using a THC, but this is the only combination that I've found so far to make it work. I've configured my set up using the 0-10 and the HV input voltage independently, but this makes no difference. 
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »
Hallo
 Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit Mach3.  Habe auch die Demo Version von Mach4 probiert.
Beides funktioniert nicht.
Falls du nur das PlasmaSens mit Adapter an den Pokeys Bus angeschlossen hast sollte die Pokeys konfigurationssoftware laut Aussage vom Support 2 EasySensors erkennen.
Siehe unten :

Ich habe ein Ticket bei polabs eröffnet. Die meinten folgendes:

You can also check it manually by closing Mach3 and opening PoKeys application. Go to Peripherals > EasySensors and check that there are two SimpleSensors in the list and that their values are correctly displayed (click 'Refresh values' in the bottom right corner).

Bei mir werden die EasySensors nicht angezeigt. Das heißt für mich
das es ein generelles Problem von Hardware oder Firmware ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:03:05 PM by Asd1234 »
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 02:57:26 PM »
Hi Mit freundlichen Grüßen, thank you for replying.
I'm able to see one EasySensor only not two as you mention. Can you please clarify why I should see two of them?

Regards
Ruben Alcala
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 03:28:45 PM »
Hallo.

Sorry hab mich falsch ausgedrückt.
Es soll ein EasySensor da sein.
Da sollen dann 2 simple Sensors angezeigt werden.

Das englische oben war ein Zitat vom Support.
Ich sehe leider überhaupt keinen .

Was hast du für eine Firmware auf den pokeys und welche Version von der konfigurationssoftware hast du?
Hast du vielleicht ein Foto wie das
Bei dir aussieht?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 03:35:31 PM by Asd1234 »