Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:48:10 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 and/or ESS has my Y AXIS running backward.  (Read 1889 times)

Re: Mach 4 and/or ESS has my Y AXIS running backward.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022, 09:28:29 PM »
Yes, the on screen jog buttons can be modified, but it is far more common to find that users change the keyboard ones without understanding the system. I was trying to find a way to avoid Gcode issues and prove that Mach4 was working correctly. Comparing DRO readouts to observed machine motion was the critical part.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 09:45:40 PM »
Hi,

Comparing DRO readouts to observed machine motion was the critical part.

100% there. Despite doing this now for years I can still bamboozle myself and set something up the wrong way.

I have often, with beginners, used a printed diagram on the bed of the machine to indicate the directions....it can help with the confusion.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 10:10:42 PM »
It turns out that we needed to add some "mirroring" code to the Initialization fields in the "default" section of Mach 4. G51 I believe.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 11:50:57 PM »
Hi,
yes that solves the problem but does not describe why it happened in the first place.

The real test is when you come to generate Gcode from a CAM program like Fusion. It assumes that you have a right hand machine, and if you don't it will be glaringly
obvious in short order.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2022, 08:43:57 AM »
You got that right. Drew a new file. Simple pocket cut and now it wants to attack it from the wrong end. I can't believe this. It worked Saturday on a different file? I removed the mirroring code and it just went back to reversed initialization. Its like irs amking things up as it goes. And I just don't have the experience to correct it.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 09:46:39 AM »
So Steve, I see where in other parts of the forum here that you suggest the ESS may not be so compatible with Mach 4. Should be try a different route? We are back to square one again and its still an axis direction issue.
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 09:51:17 AM »
My only issue with the ESS is that their plugin configuration takes over many functions that are normally done in the standard Mach configuration screens. This is, for me, confusing. Overall the ESS is an excellent product and I do not think it is the cause of your problems.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 10:09:47 AM »
thephridge,

Does the motor reverse direction when you check Reverse?
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2022, 10:34:30 AM »
This is our router at home zero.

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2022, 10:56:50 AM »
Does the direction change when you check and uncheck the Reverse box for the motor?
I am not sure if it needs a restart so make sure you exit the software and start it again.