Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 11:50:33 PM

Author Topic: NC Code vs TAP  (Read 1441 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
NC Code vs TAP
« on: August 02, 2022, 05:55:05 PM »
To make my drawings for an object I have access to MasterCamX5 and years ago when I last use it I had to import the drawing to LazyCam and then LazyCam will convert the .NC code to .TAP file for Mach3 to do my cut. Perhaps this sound complicated but at that time was good enough for me to do what I wanted.

Now I don’t have LazyCam because I use ESS instead of the parallel post. Is there another way to convert .NC code to .TAP?

BTW, 15 years ago or so when I got into cnc and bought Mach3, LazyCam was an excellent starting tool to get me into cnc.

Nicolas
Nicolas
Re: NC Code vs TAP
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 06:07:23 PM »
Hi,
presuming a decent Mach3 PostProcessor in MasterCAM then .nc code will run, its just a different extension, the code within the file is Mach compliant.
I used MasterCAMX4 for some years and ran the nc code no trouble.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 06:47:45 PM »
Sound good Craig, I will give it a try. Got the PostProcessor recommended by MC

Thanks
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 03:25:20 PM »
Looks like you are right, Mach3 sees .NC code like .TAP

I have McamX5 installed on WindowsXP but I tried to install in another PC with Windows11 where I have a better screen but it fails when I come to install the Virtual USB Bus Enumerator. Do you know is it’s possible to have McamX5 in Windows11?
Nicolas
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 04:57:21 PM »
Hi,
I used MasterCAMX4, I think, but that was nearly eight-ten years ago. At that time the business in which I worked and held the license were running 64bit Windows 7 PCs.
I believe the X4 was the last MasterCAM version that would run on 32bit machines.

Whether X5 can run on Win11, I just don't know. If you have a genuine license then ask MasterCAM....if you don't then best go silent....they do not take kindly to license violations.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'