Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:11:52 AM

Author Topic: DIY pendant & Visual LCD Studio  (Read 682 times)

DIY pendant & Visual LCD Studio
« on: July 30, 2022, 02:26:43 AM »

Re. DIY pendant - there were a few posts from 2020 but I would appreciate if anyone could comment on their experience.
I am running Mach4 on my CNC and wish to add a pendant. I have built Simon Rafferty's design from GitHub.
My Mach4 screen set recognises the pendant, I can monitor the serial data which appears to be correct so far but the display is not updating. I suspect that my problem is with the Hunda HB35-1C display.

Has anyone had success with the Visual LCD Display software? I can compile, download (upload) the Hunda example and Simon's script to the Nano.
I can compile, load and get the example to work with the Visual LCD Studio software.
However the Lcds Test & Touch Panel Test do not appear to do anything.
I have Visual LCD Studio software ver 1.1.2.0. Is there a later version?

Thanking you in advance for any help.
Re: DIY pendant & Visual LCD Studio
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 04:50:38 AM »
Hi,
what motion controller are you using?. Do you have five , or six or more spare inputs?
If you do why shag around and just make a wired pendant?

I made one to replace my VistsaCNC pendant, I wore it out over seven years and thought I'd make one.
Real simple, has two wires for axis selection, one for velocity/incremental mode, two wires for A&B of the MPG, and two wires for
power and return. Seven wires but only five inputs required. Works OK.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: DIY pendant & Visual LCD Studio
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 04:51:31 AM »
from his github:
Code: [Select]
The vendor will send you a link to the software & documentation. The link they sent me is below, however I dout it will persist there very long. If the vendor won't cooperate, message me & I'll send a copy if I still have it.
looks like a finalized or dead endeavor.

DIY is expensive...I've done it..complete with 3d printed case:
https://github.com/kethort/esp32-cnc-mpg-handwheel-conversion-mach4
or
https://github.com/kethort/esp32-bluetooth-cnc-mpg-mach4

only thing it lends you is freedom to determine the logic
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 04:54:01 AM by compewter_numerical »