Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:08:41 PM

Author Topic: How to link external controller and tool number?  (Read 1839 times)

Re: How to link external controller and tool number?
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 01:03:29 PM »
Chad Byrd
i didnt pass all yours code details but as i see i didn't see you check if user press stop  while M6 run
as you know mach only stop movement in stop not stop I/O and i had so big hade ace with that....
onther point we always write in external text file the curent tool after change
because many reason can happened and mach will not save current tool ,so we always check in 2 different place if the tool id its same
last thing in yours M6 you give the tool name acording its position on magazine ,this will limit you  in case you have more tools then
on yours magazine ,for us we have many times more so we have external text file with the tool name according tool fork id
same if you have linear or servo magazine you bater have external file that you can reach and update tool
thanks
yaakov

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 01:26:31 PM »
I have had zero issues stopping in the middle of my macro. I have buttons to reset my magazine, drawbar, etc if something goes wrong.
Mach seems to handle macro stopping much better than in the past.
I have a gear motor that controls the carousel, so I keep track of the carousel position inside the Click PLC I use on the machine.  If Mach closes, I have to re reference the machine and part of that reference sequence is to home the carousel. If the actual tool doesn’t match what is in the spindle, I just change the DRO to match.
Lastly, I have this macro set to use 20 tools because that is what my carousel holds and the jobs I plan to run on this machine uses less than that.
If I needed more tools, I would make it empty the spindle and force a manual tool change prompt to complete the tool change sequence.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 01:27:31 PM »
How would you check to see if the user presses stop during the macro?
 If something isn’t right, I just hit the e stop. Hard reset for everything and it inhibits z axis movement just in case.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 01:37:11 PM »
i add one registry  that  always reset it on start program(we have M function on head that start program ,open vacuum,blink light on remote...ets)
then i have event  for stop press this event change registry value, so before any force output i always check that registry status
---about tool in spindle i agree if yours worker is professional ,but many times the worker near the machine not very professional
---stop while change tool its something happend to us many many times ,because when machine change tools many times user understand he made some mistake ,and instead of wait until finish tool change they press stop
---in some cases we add sensor that cheack if there tool on fork before unload  ,to avoid accident
good luck

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2022, 01:40:08 PM »
I get it.
We have 5 mills with Mach and 5 lathes with Mach.  They understand to check the tool before hand.  And if they stop the tool change, it usually requires me or my brother to reset it anyway, so we check to be sure it is good to go.
Post your code in here as well, if you don’t mind, let’s get a wealth of knowledge up in this forum!
Chad Byrd
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
sure why not but we have several types so im not sure which one i sent
because we have servo ,manual ,hood by cilynder hood by servo....
this one is typical