Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:22:09 AM

Author Topic: MACH4 - M19 and Rigid Taping with CSMIO ip-A  (Read 698 times)

MACH4 - M19 and Rigid Taping with CSMIO ip-A
« on: July 25, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »
Please I need help. We are doing 4 Machining centers with CSMIO ip -A +\- 10V and I need to do the M19 (Spindle Orientation) to be able to change the tool, in addition to being able to have Rigid Taping. As recommended by Cs-Lab, we are using CSMIO-Enc. We have an AC Servo Drive in the Spindel brand FAGOR, however the CSMIO only gives us an analog output of 0-10V. The spindel runs, I have the visualization of rotation and position and etc, in CSMIO-ENC, but how do we make the M19? So that he is controlling position? Please if anyone can help me with this, even with the M19 and SpOr macros. According to CS-Lab, they need a Mach4 update so they can make a new plugin for Rigid Taping. Is this true? If so, we will have to change our design and change equipment or another CNC. Thanks. I look forward to any help.

– G84.2/G84.3 is rigid tapping for which Mach4 manual says:

“requires the machine to have precise control of spindle speed, axis feed, and precise feedback of spindle RPM.”

It means that for spindle driving, you should use a servo drive that can keep a set position. It can be a step/dir drive (supporting position mode) in the case of CSMIO/IP-S controller or  +/-10V (velocity mode) in the CSMIO/IP-A motion controller.

Further, Mach4 has the “Enable Step/Dir Spindle rigid tapping” option, which you may think should treat a spindle as a rotary axis. It means that even without synchronization provided by a CSMO/IP controller, rigid tapping should be possible because the spindle has become a full-fledged rotary axis. Unfortunately, it’s not like that. ArtSoft informed us (a few months ago) that it would be corrected. (as of 02/16/2022).

Our developers plan to release a plugin update for Mach4 soon that includes the rigid tapping as well if:

we get documentation of newly added functions and changes in Mach4
newly added functions and changes made in Mach4 will work as assumed.
we get explanations for questions we may have.
[/color][/color][/size]
Re: MACH4 - M19 and Rigid Taping with CSMIO ip-A
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 04:54:39 PM »
Hi,
this post should be on the Mach4 General Discussion board rather than here.

CSLabs are well behind other manufacturers when it comes to their Mach4 plugin.

Some years ago CSLabs did a very good job of a Mach3 plugin and supported customers very well, and got a great reputation for it. At about the time Mach4 came out they
started their own CNC software and the Mach4 plugin was just an afterthought, and has had very few updates since. There may well have  been a personal change also as
the great customer support they had exhibited before dried up completely.

CSMIO are still good quality but for the price the Mach4 plugin is too buggy and patchy and the lack of support makes them hard to recommend for Mach4.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: MACH4 - M19 and Rigid Taping with CSMIO ip-A
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 10:04:19 AM »
Hello!. I'll post where you indicated. Now I have this problem at hand. I hope Cs-Lab has a solution.