Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:04:13 AM

Author Topic: Limits Override Problem  (Read 2077 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Limits Override Problem
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2022, 02:39:09 PM »
Some new developments……..

Started the cnc this morning and decided to follow some previous instructions I had regarding the Mach3 main screen buttons “Machine Coord’s and Soft Limits”. Finally I got all the DRO’s to zero and I believe my previous problem (not been able to jog out of the X axis) may be related to my original machine state (where all axis are located).   

After the above I decided to Ref the Z axis which I never done. This went smooth like the Y&A before, it hit the top limit and stopped the axis and I was able to backout.

Then I tried again the X axis which before I could not backout. Well this time I was able to backout and I don’t know why.

Then I tried again the Y&A BUT this time each axis went in the opposite direction and I stop immediately (the Y went towards the back and A towards the front). I verified that the A was slaved to Y and then checked the Home/Soft limits and the A was NOT ticked so I did ticked the A and now they both run in the same direction.

My questions:

Should the A be enabled in the Home/Soft limits screen? (My previous notes say if the A is slaved to Y I should only tick the A).

When I reference an axis in the diagnostic screen after its done should the numbers under the column “Current Position” be set to +0.0000? (mine I see no zeros, just +numbers and I think this is wrong)

In the main Mach3 screen and under the DRO there are 2 buttons. Machine Coord’s and Soft Limits. Under normal operation like now I’m setting my Home positions does it matter which button is pressed? Or non should be pressed?

Thanks 
Nicolas
Re: Limits Override Problem
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2022, 05:16:23 AM »
Should the A be enabled in the Home/Soft limits screen? (My previous notes say if the A is slaved to Y I should only tick the A).

Answer is Yes. you may have to reverse A so it wont rack the gantry.

When I reference an axis in the diagnostic screen after its done should the numbers under the column “Current Position” be set to +0.0000? (mine I see no zeros, just +numbers and I think this is wrong)

If you have the machine coordinates button activated.

In the main Mach3 screen and under the DRO there are 2 buttons. Machine Coord’s and Soft Limits. Under normal operation like now I’m setting my Home positions does it matter which button is pressed? Or non should be pressed?

If homing while in machine coordinates DROs will set to zero and everything will be ok.

I would not worry about the soft limits button. if you have switches then soft limits are optional.

hope this helps.
Regards
Charlie M.