Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:06:00 AM

Author Topic: Limits Override Problem  (Read 2062 times)

Re: Limits Override Problem
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 07:28:32 AM »
 OK I dont see anything wrong there. what version of mach3 are you using?  version 3.043.062 is the best version to use.
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2022, 11:07:40 AM »
I had the version 3.043.062 installed but when I switched to ESS in the documentation it was suggested to use R3.043.062 because it is “more stable” and I did.

It puzzles me why this problem exists, somehow I believe the solution is mechanical and not related to the settings.

Thanks Charlie
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2022, 11:18:50 AM »
I was also thinking why I get all these lights flashing in the diagnostic screen as per my first post. These lights indicate that other parts are also not working. Any idea?
Nicolas
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2022, 03:54:43 PM »
OK so I went back and reread the post. I see you use a Smooth stepper motion controller.
Is there any provisions in the plugin for how the limit switches work? if not I would explain what is going on on their support forum.
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »
Not familiar with the terminology but yes I use ESS, is that the same as Smooth stepper motion controller? My experience has been with the printer port so perhaps there is much more to learn with my first ESS.

The Warptd9 site is the most confusing site I have been and every link you click takes you to another link and the same keeps going on “forever”. I’m sure I have followed the ESS setup but its possible I missed something. I was planning to join their forum but I read in a link that the forum has no traffic and so I didn’t signed up. I remember I went to the plugin the setup was asking for but I didn’t changed anything since I noticed nothing I was familiar with to change.

I forgot to mention that I did jog to the same limit switch on the X axis and it did stop the axis and it did allow me to back out. It only doesn’t work when I use the Ref X axis, very strange for me.

How you would explain what is going on on their forum?

Nicolas
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2022, 07:33:39 PM »
Hi,

I was planning to join their forum but I read in a link that the forum has no traffic and so I didn’t signed up

Rubbish, I've posted on the Warp9 Forum dozens if not hundreds of times over the years, and as recently as a fortnight ago. Andy, Warp9's support person monitors the site
and always replies.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2022, 08:42:21 PM »
Good to know Craig, try to register but got stuck on the anti spam captcha screen. I have done similar but this one doesnt say what you suppsed to do. Any help?
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2022, 08:47:30 PM »
its ok now, I fifure it out
Nicolas
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2022, 05:25:13 AM »
 I dont have a ESS but I installed the plugin anyway just to see what was available to configure .In Mach3 if you goto plugin control and select homing config there might be settings there to help you with your issue.
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2022, 09:29:46 AM »
Many thanks Charlie for doing all this work,

I also went back to the links I saved about ESS and noticed in one they do have settings for Homing & limits but I didn’t touched these settings since I didn’t know how. I was thinking out of the box ESS will have some kind of a std setup good for most users.

Yesterday I also subscribed to the Warp9td forum and I will search/post in that forum my weird problem however I just can’t see why my machine will reference Y&A with no problem and not do the same for the X.

I also have put the same question to another popular cnc forum and waiting to see for an answer.

Soon as I have news I will post back
Nicolas