Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:45:28 PM

Author Topic: VB, Brains or something else?  (Read 1190 times)

VB, Brains or something else?
« on: July 11, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
I'm hoping I can get a bit of direction on how to accomplish a task.

I have a CNC router, of my own build, running Mach3 quite well. Since I often run very long jobs, I built a Telemetry board (arduino based) to monitor many temperatures and flows and such on the machine. I'd like to have a screen on Mach3 that displays the telemetry (perhaps boxes displaying the temps and such), as well as, the ability to trigger a "FeedHold/Spindle - OFF", if a high temp, or no-flow condition is sensed. Making the new screen was straight forward enough via Screen4. Getting the data to it has proven to be much more difficult.

After quite a bit of net surfing, I still can't quite see which "path" to take to get this done. I read a few posts on MODBUS, and there was one person who posted a rather robust MODBUS to Arduino controller of sorts that is very nice, but only seems to directly connect the Arduino pins for control/monitoring.  Since my board has a good bit of logic on it as well, this doesn't seem the best approach. I've been trying to learn Brains, but haven't found this type of application of it yet. I was starting into VB stuff to try and see if its there, but there is a lot of data to sift through.

I'm not asking for anyone to write code or the like, but if you could please point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks for you time..