Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:08:38 AM

Author Topic: Licensed MACH3 ignoring up/down signals from Proma THC and not moving Z axis  (Read 867 times)

Hello. I have a original Mach3 License and am trying to move the Z axis in my plasma machine with a proma thc. i have wired everything correctly and inputs "torch on" and "torch up" and "torch down" power on as intended in my diagnostics page (at the same tame as they do in the proma thc screen).

i have all axis with nema23 stepper motors, wired to their drives and to the controller.
I'm using the PROMA THC 150, and using a Langmuir red mach3 board.

For some reason, Mach3 is also blinking Output6 while using this proma. not sure why.
My Output 1 (plasma switch relay) is working fine.

But, after a lot of testing and trying things, i can't get the Z axis to respond to these up/down signals, so it stays fixed at 1.50mm height mid cut (i have a floating head setup, and i am using the sheetcam post processor "mach3 plasma with thc scriber and backlash compensation" and it has worked well so far without thc).

Any ideas on what i could be doing wrong? Willing to pay for help as i'm desperate with bigger metal parts late on production which require thc!

Offline geast

•  50 50
    • View Profile
What are the DRO setting for max and min in thc height?
Also be sure the speed is not 0.
Hi,
i'm dubious your motion control board supports realtime THC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'