Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:12:59 PM

Author Topic: Loss of license  (Read 719 times)

Loss of license
« on: July 06, 2022, 01:18:01 PM »
Hi
I have not used Mach4 in a few months because I am still attached to 3 but I started back up a few days ago to continue set up and noticed that my license has been removed. I am 100% I loaded it and even had the email file still on desktop. I tried to reload it and it said it was not recognized. Had to create a new license which is not a big deal unless I have to do this every few months. Any thoughts? 
Todd
Re: Loss of license
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 08:02:01 PM »
Hi,
shouldn't have to. My machine PC has its licence file installed seven years ago and its still running. I've updated the Mach build about half a dozen times
over that period.

The only thing which will stop a PC from running is if you fiddle with the PC such that the PC ID changes, something like a new OS install, or a new hard drive.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
Thanks Craig
Really not sure what has happened. I do not remember changing the ID BUT that is NOT say I did not do it. Working with several computers today and I do get lost every now and then.

Can you tell me why I would be getting a Access denied warning when trying to save a change in the script editor?
I cannot get the Work Zero button to work and have seen a post you did several years ago so I am trying to copy and paste your code but when I try to save it I am getting this error message.
Todd
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 02:46:48 PM »
Here is a screen shot if this helps
Todd
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 08:23:33 AM »
You are trying to modify the screen script directly which is not possible. You have to do it through the screen editor.

You can watch this video on how to access the screen load script and edit the work zero function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZuEJn046Pw
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 11:12:52 AM »
Thank you SwiftyJ. I have looked a long time for that video and obviously could not find. It is still boggling to why you cannot open up "Script (EDITOR)" and make these changes instead of spending hours searching for this stuff OR have it defaulted correctly out of the gate. Thanks again for the link!!
Todd
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 06:38:21 PM »
Hi,
the ScreenScript is conglomerate of all the smaller pieces of code that Mach puts together and compiles prior to runtime, it is not the actual source code and cannot
be edited. In the Operator Tab the menu item is 'View Screen Script', and that is exactly what it does, you can view it but not edit it. It is occasionally very useful
to be able to view it. If at compile time or runtime error occurs Mach will give you a stack dump to indicate what line number in the screen script it is. If you then view the Screen Script
you may then establish which fragment of code has the error, say one of the Lua macros you were just working on, and then using the formal editing procedures address that macro.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'