Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:42:42 AM

Author Topic: Upgrading from Par Port to USB on new CNC on existing MACH 3?  (Read 965 times)

Hello!

I just purchased a new 6040 CNC that uses a USB port where my old machine was running off a parallel port. I have MACH3 already installed from my prior machine, and this new one did not come with a CD or manual. I have my 6090 running MACH3 on my other computer, and I remember having to download a USB driver for it. For the life of me I cannot remember what that was.
Does anyone have any info on how to get a driver working with my computer? I'm running windows 7.
Re: Upgrading from Par Port to USB on new CNC on existing MACH 3?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 06:07:13 PM »
So you need a USB driver? What cond of USB motion controller are you using?
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 06:43:18 PM »
The USB controls the entire movement of the router. I'm unsure how to answer the question. The prior CNC was older so hooked up to my PC via a printer cable/parallel cable. Installing Mach3, this was no problem. The routers these days have done away with the old technology and are attaching via USB.
3 years ago I needed a driver for my 6090 CNC on my other computer since that attaches the same way. I dont remember where I found that driver

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 06:46:15 PM »
You can't use any USB driver it has to be for specific for the motion controller. With that said I have the driver's and plugin for the motion controller. If you want I can send them to you.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 06:48:53 PM »
That's probably what I meant! lol! I'm used to running hardware like printers and they all need drivers. I "felt" driver since this is an external device. Yes, if that's what I need to run my router, please and thank you very much for the assistance.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 07:22:15 PM »
Let me know if you get it working.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 07:35:07 PM »
I WORKS!!!!! You made my day Charlie!!! Thank you so much for your assistance!!! Now I can get to work
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 07:36:21 PM »
Well that is great news!!
I'm glad you are up and running.
Regards
Charlie M.