Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 10:20:40 PM

Author Topic: usb controller boards  (Read 798 times)

usb controller boards
« on: July 01, 2022, 02:01:01 PM »
Hi,
Does any know if more than one rnrmotion card can be used with Mach3?
My card has no spare inputs but do have a spare card and was wondering if 2 can be used, if so which port would need setting my current board uses port3. I guess it would be better to upgrade the rnrmotion card I am currently using but as usual trying to save the cost.
Many thanks if you can help or offer advice.
Steve
Re: usb controller boards
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 02:58:47 PM »
I asked cncdrive if I could connect 2 uc100s to one pc, as I have lathe and mill.  It seems that all uc100s have the same address so the pc can't distinguish between them.  Same may apply for you.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply, looks like this is the case. Mach3 can't distinguish between the 2 RNR boards when connected nothing works, irrespective of the port numbers. I was hoping it was something I was missing. New control board it is then, oh hum.
Thanks again.
Steve
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 12:41:01 AM »
Hi,
if you are trying to save money then I doubt this suggestion will help, albeit that it works.

Mach3 can only have one active motion controller, so you cannot have two RnR boards running similtaneously because the RnR plugin assumes that it is the one and only
motion board.

PoKeys boards, can and usually are programmed as motion boards, but they can also be programmed as input boards. That would mean your RnR board would control the motors and any other realtime
hardware while the PoKeys board handles non-realtime data input. a 57E board would give you an extra 57 IO's.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'